I am pleased to announce that “The Milky Way” will now offer Mobile Massage Therapy Services beginning in January 2023 and will service the cities of Temecula and Murrieta California!
After a few inquiries as to if I offered this service, I decided that there must be a need and was pleased to accommodate my community of new families.
This service is mainly for new mothers who have just given birth up to one year postpartum. I love to be able to make life a little easier for these special ladies as I myself can recall how hard it was to get around after having a baby.
With that said, let me talk a little bit about the massage that is being offered. I will offer a 90 minute in home session of Postpartum Massage Therapy and the benefits of this modality are many.
Postpartum massages usually include many of the same elements of regular massages but with a particular focus on the mother who has recently given birth and recovering. If this mother has given birth by cesarean section, it is best that she talk to her doctor and her massage therapist to make sure that there are no contraindications before receiving therapy.
Some of the general benefits of a postpartum massage include:
* Reduced swelling. Many mothers find that their body swells during labor. Massaging can help to redistribute water within the body and encourage the draining and circulation of excess fluids.
* Improved milk production. For mothers seeking an increase in their breast milk supply, massage can be a great way to increase circulation and the necessary hormones to make this happen.
* Hormone regulation. The postpartum body is one of constantly fluctuating hormones. In addition to touch, many massages involve essential oils that may help elevate one’s mood and may encourage hormonal balance.
* Reduced anxiety and depression. Many new parents experience the “baby blues” or even postpartum depression. Getting a massage can help to decrease stress contributing to these anxious and depressed feelings.
* Better sleep. Everyone knows new parents need as much sleep as they can get! Massage can help parents relax and get their body ready for deep, restorative sleep.
How to Prepare for a Massage?
Make your environment relaxing. If the massage is occurring in your home, this may mean lighting candles or diffusing scents, and dimming overhead lighting.
Ideally you should arrange for someone else to be in charge of your newborn, so you don’t have to worry whether they’re awake or asleep during your massage.
If getting a postpartum massage in your home sounds good to you then please visit the service menu page of our website and click on the “Mobile Massage” tab and schedule an appointment today!
*article cited from Postpartum Massage Can Help Recovery After Birth, by Debra Rose Wilson, Ph.D., MSN, RN, IBCLC, AHN-BC, CHT and Catherine Crider.
May 20, 2020 healthline.com